GKL sheets are perhaps the best solution for cheap and quick surface leveling. They also make it possible to assemble a variety of designs, including complex ones, that will be both functional and beautiful, without any problems and in a short time. However, they need a finish. Is it possible in this case to apply plaster on drywall and how to do it correctly? We will examine this issue in detail.
Putty or plaster
Formally, both materials are used to level surfaces. However, there are some nuances. Significant differences in composition make their scope different. Their main difference is the grain size of the binder. In plaster it is larger, even in the finest-grained varieties. It is good for rough leveling the base. Easily covers even large defects and irregularities.
Putty lays in a thin layer, since it has minimal grain size. With its help, finish alignment is performed when all significant flaws are already closed. Solutions can be distinguished even in appearance. In the plaster, large or small particles are necessarily present, the putty is a homogeneous paste. These differences should always be taken into account when deciding on the finishing of GCR.
Can plasterboard be plastered
Now that the difference between the leveling mixtures is obvious, let’s figure out how to process the gypsum sheets. To begin with, after installation, the base, trimmed with such plates, is even. If the installation was carried out correctly, only traces of fastenings and seams in the joints will remain on it. Dents are possible, but very small. All these flaws must be smoothed out.
Putty is enough to remove them. A special compound is used for fasteners and corners, finishing for final finishing. And it's all. Plastering is not necessary. If errors were made during installation, the base will be uneven. In this case, many try to plaster it and at the same time level it. You need to understand that this is only possible for small differences. To seal up significant defects, it will be necessary to impose a thick layer of material, and this is extremely undesirable for GCR.
Firstly, the leveler will have a significant mass, which can even destroy the structure. Secondly, over time, a thick layer will begin to crack and collapse. Therefore, if the differences are large, it is better to dismantle the sheets and redo the frame. Plasterboard plastering without a doubt is necessary only in one case: if a decorative solution is applied, which will become the finish of the base.
What materials can be used
For subsequent plastering, it is desirable to choose moisture resistant sheets. Such drywall in the production process is treated with hydrophobic impregnation, as a result of which it acquires resistance to moisture. The plates can be distinguished by marking, green color and a higher price. Conventional material consists of cardboard and dry gypsum, which are destroyed by water. It is not practical to treat them with a wet mixture.
For work, a primer is required. Choose the option suitable for the particular case. The best solution is a deep penetration. Its use protects the base from getting wet, improves adhesion to it of finishing materials: glue, paint, etc., and also reduces their consumption.
Decorative mixtures used for plastering GCR, differ from the usual presence of some inclusions. Depending on their type, the compositions are divided into:
- Embossed or textured. Solutions with a highly viscous coarse structure. As a filler, they use pieces of mica, fibers, wood, mineral chips or small pebbles. As a result of application, a surface with a pronounced relief is obtained.
- Structural. They have a finely dispersed structure, which is obtained by adding quartz or marble chips. There are fine and medium-grained coatings. The first are almost flat, the second with a slight relief.
- Venetian. They are made with the addition of slaked lime and small chips of marble. They have an almost uniform structure. Ready-made imitate marble or onyx surface. Painting with special pigments gives them the appearance of a precious metal. Multilayer and difficult to apply.
When do-it-yourself gypsum plasterboard is needed
Most professionals believe that plaster can be used if moisture-proof quality drywall is used. Otherwise, the material may become deformed due to increased humidity, and repairs will have to be carried out again.
Plastering plastering material is strongly recommended only in some cases:
- if gypsum plasterboard should be plastered before painting,
- if a decorative mixture is used to decorate the walls,
- if the drywall sheets have minor defects, the application of a layer of the finishing composition will help to hide them.
With significant defects and dents, additional surface treatment will not help to eliminate the defect. It is much easier to immediately replace the sheets.
Even when plastering walls of quality drywall, you must carefully follow the process. Otherwise, soon the walls will go into small cracks, and the plaster will begin to crumble. When applying decorative material, you must first primer the walls with special compositions.
Types of plaster
Plaster is a material intended for surface finishing in order to give them protective qualities against changes in humidity and temperature, to even out uneven surfaces and decoration. Depending on the texture and purpose, the material is differentiated into 2 main types: ordinary and decorative.
Normal is used to prepare the walls for subsequent painting or for wallpapering. Decorative views are an element of external design.
Conventional finishing material can be divided into 3 types:
- simple - used to decorate non-residential premises and is applied in 2-3 layers,
- improved - designed for processing residential and public buildings and is applied in 3 layers: spray, primer, nakryvka,
- High-quality type is recommended for surface treatment of walls in museums, hotels, theaters.
There are differences in the method of applying the material. Wet application is carried out in a standard manner and requires long drying. But, it turns out a strong adhesion of the material to the wall.
Drywall and dry stucco are essentially the same materials, made in the form of thin cladding sheets. Therefore, dry plaster may well be used instead of drywall.
Of great importance when choosing a mixture is given to its composition. For various surfaces use a material containing gypsum, cement and other impurities.
A decorative mixture can be: structural, textured, mineral, Venetian:
- Structural creates a “fur coat” effect due to the introduction of small granules into the composition. By spraying, you can create original drawings on the surface of the walls,
- Textured - an incredibly plastic substance used to form decorative stucco moldings,
- Mineral contains additives of quartz, marble, granite. Allows you to make walls in a natural texture,
- Venetian imitates decoration with malachite, marble and other expensive materials.
In addition, decorative types are divided according to the main connecting element and the base. These can be materials on an aqueous or non-aqueous basis with polyurethane or epoxy resin. Epoxy is best for indoor environments.
Which plasterboard for plasterboard is better depends entirely on the characteristics of the room and the purpose of the work.
Basic rules for applying gypsum plasterboard
To prevent shedding of the finishing material and deformation of the drywall sheets, it is necessary to carefully adhere to the recommendations, even if the gypsum plasterboard ceiling is plastering:
- Of course, before the plasterboard sheets were strengthened, the walls were thoroughly cleaned of old wallpaper and paint, and the room was cleaned. Nevertheless, during repairs, drywall and small debris will inevitably settle on drywall. Therefore, preliminary cleaning of the area is necessary,
- To clean the walls using improvised means: a slightly moistened rag or vacuum cleaner,
- Having finished cleaning the surface, they proceed to repair the seams between the sheets, deciding what kind of finish is needed. You can take a ready-made composition or dilute dry powder by preparing a solution of the desired density. Dilute the mixture immediately before starting work in small volumes, since the finished solution dries very quickly,
- Seams and small indentations between the sheets are smeared with the composition with a spatula, trying to apply the composition evenly. Irregularities must be removed before the plaster hardens,
- Then the primer of the base is carried out. Use solutions depending on the composition of the plaster and its purpose: for painting, for wallpapering, for applying a decorative layer,
- The acrylic primer, which literally merges with the surface, has perfectly proven itself. Dries quickly and provides reliable adhesion of the plaster to the surface,
- At the final stage, the finishing mixture is applied. This is a fairly thin layer of finely dispersed and sufficiently liquid solution. The main purpose of the finish is to give the walls smoothness,
- If you will use decorative plasterboard on drywall or gluing textured wallpaper, finishing is not needed. This layer is in demand mainly when painting surfaces.
All work must be carried out under optimal conditions. The temperature should be between + 5-35 ° С. Humidity is required moderate.
Is it worth using plasterboard leaves instead of plaster or combining 2 directions of wall decoration - the master decides. However, in any case, you should follow the recommendations of a phased finish in order to get a really high-quality repair.
The first action preceding the start of construction work is the layout of the room. If a decision has been made to finish the installation of drywall, some points should be taken into account.
The standard sizes of sheets of this material are 1200 - 1300 x 2500 - 4800 mm with a thickness of 6.5 to 24 mm. Moreover, almost every size is designed to fulfill its specific task.
To reduce the complexity of the work, reduce the consumption of fasteners and maximize the effective cutting of the material, these data should be taken into account when planning the room. For example, the ceiling height is considered comfortable at 2.5 meters, it corresponds to the size of the sheet. Often this parameter is taken 2.53, we will indicate the reasons below. Similarly, the width of the premises is desirable multiple of an integer number of sheets. Or a multiple of half sizes, then the cutting of the material will be optimal.
When determining the size of the premises, the thickness of the internal walls and partitions must also be taken into account, since this factor will also affect the cutting of the material. This means that we are already moving on to deeper detail - to determining the dimensions of the crate and selecting materials for its manufacture. And behind each such detail lies the magnitude of the complexity and financial costs.
Types of Drywall
Based on the properties laid down by the developers in such building materials, GKL is divided into the following types:
- ordinary drywall. It consists of a layer of gypsum dough and a cardboard coating on both sides, used for decoration with humidity within normal limits. It is widely used due to ease of use, good workability, light weight and economy,
- GCR with flame retardant characteristics. It is convenient to use for utility rooms such as summer kitchens and other non-residential premises. It can be used near heating appliances, stoves and fireplaces,
- moisture-proof drywall, which allows its use in conditions of rooms with high humidity - baths, bathrooms, bathrooms and others. Thanks to the use of special additives, it is protected from the effects of fungus and mold. Ideal for decorating country houses, where the humidity is usually increased compared to urban apartments,
- fire - moisture resistant material, which is almost universal.
By purpose, drywalls are divided into the following categories:
- arched - with a thickness of up to 6.5 mm, allowing large deformations in several planes at the same time, reinforcing additives of the fibrous structure also give such properties to it,
- ceiling - thickness up to 9.5 mm, lightweight design,
- wall - for wall decoration and installation of partitions, thickness 12.5 mm.
With this thickness, which is the most popular, the weight of a standard sheet 1.2 x 2.5 meters is 30 kg.
The material does not have high mechanical properties and is easily processed with a simple tool. You can use the following tool:
- saw - a hacksaw for wood. Purpose - sawing drywall sheets into parts during installation,
- circular saw - for making long straight cuts when cutting,
- jigsaw - cutting parts of complex shape according to the marking,
- construction knife - trimming the edges of parts after sawing,
- Roulette - measurements when marking and cutting,
- plumb bob - control the position of the sheet in space during installation,
- carpentry level - the same
- electric drill - drilling holes for fasteners,
- screwdriver - installation of fasteners when fixing parts from drywall, assembly of the frame from metal profiles,
- a set of spatulas, including narrow, medium, wide, angled metal and rubber,
- paint brush - for applying a primer,
- foam roller - for the same purpose
- nozzle on a drill for mixing dry mixes,
- sandpaper No. 4 or No. 5,
- container for mixing mixtures.
This is the main set of tools with which leveling, priming, and decorative decoration of walls made of drywall are carried out.
In addition, you will need materials:
- primer - to strengthen the surface of the walls,
- acrylic putty - repair and preparation of the surface of gypsum boards for applying the main leveling layer,
- ribbon - fiberglass sickle,
- drywall fasteners - self-tapping screws of a special shape,
- insulation for laying under sheets of drywall during the construction of partitions for the purpose of insulation and sound insulation,
- GKL of various sizes, including 6.5 mm thick - for creating spatial forms of parts, 9.5 mm thick - for ceilings, 12.5 mm thick - for wall cladding, up to 24 mm thick - for flooring laying with a dry screed .
GKL wall assembly
To build a wall from this material, you will first need to build a base for it - a metal or wooden frame for drywall. The choice of material for the wall is far from an idle question. With the seeming benefits of using wood, here the builder has many difficulties associated with the properties of the material:
- the need for antiseptic treatment of every detail, which will help get rid of the risk of rot or fungal diseases. Fire treatment, especially if hidden wiring is to be laid inside the frame, which most often happens. In addition to working out the wood, the electrical installation must be placed in a flexible corrugated hose made of special materials,
- careful selection of material for signs of straightness and the absence of screw deformations,
- resizing of parts with fluctuations in the humidity conditions in the room, which is especially important for suburban buildings with periodic visits, which results in warping of the frame and bloating of the wall surface.
All these difficulties will inevitably require, in addition to material costs, a large amount of time.
All these drawbacks are deprived of metal frames made of galvanized steel in the form of bent perforated profiles.
Several types of them are available, designed to perform various structural elements:
- Ceiling profiles, designated as CD, with cross-sectional dimensions of 60 x 27mm.
- Ceiling guide profiles CW 28 x 27 mm.
- Rack, UD - 50 x 50, 75 x 50 and 100 x 50 mm.
- Guide profiles 50 x 40, 75 x 40, 100 x 40 mm.
The standard length of the guide rails is 3 meters, ceiling and rack-mounted - 3 or 4 meters.
U-shaped direct suspensions for connecting ceiling and CD profiles are produced as auxiliary parts.
In addition, angular framing profiles and, possibly, arched ones will certainly be needed.
The frame from the metal profile for the wall begins with the marking of its location. It is made on the floor, and then transferred to the ceiling using a plumb line and a paint cord, which will ensure strict vertical structure.
Устройство стены или перегородки нужно начинать с создания каркаса, при этом используются профили направляющие UW и стоечные CW.
Крепление деталей основания нужно выполнять с шагом не менее 60 см.
When choosing the pitch of the racks, it should be remembered that the size of the drywall sheet is a multiple of 600 mm, therefore, the racks are set, focusing on this parameter. Attention! In the location of the door on the floor, you need to break the frame.
Further the procedure is as follows:
- on one side of the frame you need to stretch the film of steam protection, for which a plastic film with a thickness of about 200 microns is used. They pull it on the frame and fasten it with construction tape,
- you need to understand how to fix a sheet of drywall. Important! To perform this work, self-tapping screws of a special design are used.
- Pay attention to the shape of the screw head. It allows, without destroying the surface of the coating, to fasten the sheet flush.
- similarly install the remaining details of the wall sheathing on one side by making a cutout under the doorway,
- the openings between the racks must be filled with a heater, which simultaneously acts as a soundproofing device. Otherwise, the double hollow wall will work as a resonator, amplifying sounds. For this purpose, various materials are used, both plate (miniplate) and rolled, such as isover, a thermal insulation device from more than 2 layers, which will entail the need for a volumetric frame. Wall insulation and soundproofing will allow living to be quite comfortable,
- before sheathe the second side of the frame, you need to install a second layer of steam protection, acting in the same way as for the first side,
- drywall sheets are sewn on top of the vapor barrier with screws with a diameter of 6 or 8mm. Their installation is carried out with a pitch of at least 250 - 300 mm. Therefore, performing this operation manually with a screwdriver is not possible; a screwdriver is indispensable here.
Attention! Manual cutting of galvanized carcass profiles should be done with a hacksaw. The use of a manual grinder burns through the protective layer, subsequently the metal in this place will actively corrode. After the cuts, the end face must be painted over with a special protective paint, 85% consisting of finely divided metallic zinc.
Drywall the walls
Often during construction or repair, planning the surface of a wall or partition is much easier with GKL than with plaster. Usually this is also done with the use of a frame, when the drywall is fixed to the wall on the profile. Before attaching the profile to the wall, you need to determine the point of its closest location to the wall and install floor and ceiling rails. Then the installation of racks will not cause problems, since they are all structurally distant from the walls.
Further, all operations are performed in the same way as when installing the wall. It should be noted that the usual thickness of drywall for the wall is 12.5 mm and there is no reason to reduce or increase it.
As a result of the work performed, a smooth wall is obtained and it remains only to prepare its surface for applying the finish coating.
There is a way how to align the wall with drywall without a frame. It should be noted that the surface quality of the base should be high enough. Before attaching drywall to the wall without profiles, you must carefully remove all the protrusions that could be a hindrance. Installation technologists can be this:
- attach a GKL part to the wall and drill mounting holes. In this case, traces from the drill will remain on the base surface, which will be the marks for the mounting holes,
- remove the part and drill holes for installing plastic inserts using these marks,
- apply cement or gypsum-based adhesive to the wall, smooth with a comb spatula. You can also use polyurethane glue,
- put the part in place, fasten it with screws.
Knowing how to glue drywall to the wall, you can easily cope with the rest of the coating elements.
For final preparation of the wall plane for the finish coating, its fine-tuning is used. It is done like this:
- primer with the recommended composition, gluing corners and joints with a sickle,
- application of the primary layer of putty, grinding after drying,
- finishing the surface with the finishing composition of the putty, drying, grinding,
- thorough cleaning of the surface of the walls and the entire room from dust,
- finishing primer of the walls for the final coating.
Knowing how to make a wall of drywall, any developer can cope with this task on their own. It is only necessary to correctly use the information obtained here.
At the same time, invited specialists will perform this work at a price per square meter from 600 to 800 rubles. However, in any case - success to you!
How to plaster drywall: options, nuances, recommendations
Plasterboard sheets are one of the most popular finishing materials available to most consumers at a price, as well as allowing to achieve excellent results in a very short time. At the same time, many beginning masters have a question about the need for further processing of the surface of the sheathed walls with plaster. There is no single answer, as the opinions of professional finishers were divided. In this case, no one is against applying decorative plaster to the drywall walls. Therefore, the question of how to plaster drywall, correctly remains relevant for many people who started repairs and do it yourself.
If you plan to use plaster for wall decoration from drywall, then listen to the following tips:
- at the stage of procurement of materials for repair, choose moisture-resistant sheets that are specially marked,
- use without fail special primers with deep penetration ability,
- apply plaster to problem areas (small dents or bumps) with thin layers several times, while do not forget to give the previous layer time to dry completely,
- use all kinds of decorative plasters for finishing drywall, while strictly adhering to the recommendations for its application given by the manufacturer in the instructions.
How to drywall plasterboard
It is allowed to seal small dents and potholes that appeared on drywall sheets in case of improper storage, violations of the transportation rules, as well as small errors made during installation. In this case, the surface is first primed, then a putty layer is applied and a little later a thin layer of plaster. It should be remembered that the putty layer should not exceed three millimeters. If the depth of the pothole is greater, then plaster is indispensable.
Using a thick layer of plaster is not recommended to hide the errors of mounting the frame, which led to the appearance of obvious unevenness of the walls. This will, of course, allow you to hide for some time the marriage, but over time, the drywall sheets will not withstand the weight of the applied plaster. This will be expressed in their deformation, the appearance of cracks, peeling of the plaster layer. Therefore, when detecting large distortions, it is better to immediately fix the installation errors by replacing sheets with defects with high-quality material.
Drywall transfers the effect of special types of decorative plaster, which can be safely applied to its surface with a thin layer, after priming it. The most popular are granular stone materials, differing in varying degrees of fineness and color, which can be of natural or artificial origin. There are two ways to apply granular coatings:
- ready-to-use paste-like mixtures are applied to the prepared surface using a trowel or spray gun, the layer thickness depends on the diameter of the grains, exceeding it one and a half to two times,
- dry colored stone chips with a spray applied on the surface of drywall, pre-lubricated with a mastic adhesive.
Application of decorative plaster
- Having finished the installation of drywall sheets, clean their surface from settled dust. The industrial vacuum cleaner copes with this task perfectly. In its absence, use improvised means. A rag that needs to be slightly moistened in water is suitable.
- Putty irregularities, seams and joints. After the mixture has hardened in these places, cover the entire wall with a leveling layer.
- Apply a primer suitable for drywall surfaces. Manufacturers generally recommend suitable primers. We choose a primer for moisture-proof drywall.
- Start applying decorative plaster.
Important! These works are carried out at moderate humidity and plus temperature (+ 5 ° to + 35 ° C). It is necessary to use rubber gloves and a respirator (gauze bandage).
After finishing work, wash thoroughly the entire tool, close the remains of the used finishing materials tightly in jars and put them in storage in a dry room. Perhaps sometime they will come in handy for the restoration of damaged decorative coatings.
Depending on the type of decorative plaster, the variant of its application depends. You can learn about some of them from this video.
Thus, from the foregoing, we can conclude that not all drywall is suitable for plastering. It is advisable to purchase moisture-resistant drywall, but even it is necessary to protect it with deeply penetrating primer solutions. Do not apply too thick a layer of leveling plaster, otherwise the repair result will disappoint you. Nothing and no one hinders against the use of decorative plasters for decorating drywall walls. Therefore, experiment and strive to make your home the most comfortable and original.
Recommended Related Articles
How to choose a wallpaper: classification of materials for gluing
How to coat gypsum plasterboard with the necessary tools and materials
- Types of decorative plaster
- When plaster is applied on drywall
- Technology of applying decorative structural plaster
- Using textured and venetian plaster
- Marble chips decorative coverings
- List of tools and materials
Today, such an industry as construction is developing rapidly. As scientific and technological progress develops, new construction and finishing materials are being developed. When carrying out repairs, the question often arises of which finishing materials to choose. A special place in this section is occupied by decorative plaster.
The best option for finishing gypsum plasterboard is water-based plaster, it is odorless, plastic enough and does not emit substances harmful to the human body.
Plaster itself is a paste-like mass, which is used to finish various surfaces: walls and ceilings. Decorative plaster is different in that it contains various particles. They can be in the form of pebbles, wood fiber and so on.
Separately, one can distinguish the so-called Venetian plaster made from marble flour. This coating will fit perfectly into the interior of any room. Often it is applied to drywall, since the latter is very often used. Applying decorative plaster on this material is not an easy job. However, it is not always possible to achieve the desired result.
In the event that the wall is built of cheap material, then when exposed to moisture, it can lose its external data. Due to this, it is necessary to cover only gypsum board of high quality with plaster. It should be considered in more detail how decorative plaster is applied to drywall, the main stages of work, and the types of this material.
Types of decorative plaster
Tools for working with decorative plaster: cycles, a nail brush, comb, roller, roller-suture and bouchard.
Before applying this material to the surface of drywall, you need to decide on the choice of decorative element. So, decorative plaster is different. The first type is structural plaster. It is characterized by the presence of small granules, pebbles, quartz, fiber, and so on. Thus, it has a mineral base. It is made on aqueous and organic solvents. Water-based plastering is the best option for finishing internal surfaces. It has several advantages: it does not smell, does not emit chemicals harmful to humans. Such material is very plastic.
In addition, it is very simple to apply decorative plaster, it is sold ready-made.
The second type of coating is textured decorative plaster. It differs in that it gives the surface a certain relief. It can be applied and imitate wood, paper or other materials. Its composition includes lime flour. The third type of decorative plaster is Venetian. Unlike everyone else, it is transparent, consists of marble flour and gives the impression of a marble coating. It does not pass and does not absorb moisture, which is of great importance during operation. It is environmentally friendly, does not smell when used, is fire safe.
Back to the table of contents
When plaster is applied on drywall
The scheme of decoration of gypsum plasterboard sheets with decorative plaster.
Applying plaster on drywall is not always relevant. In most cases, it is used in the presence of small dents or bumps on the surface of the walls. If there are large defects, its use will not help. In this case, the replacement of drywall sheets may be necessary. Decorative material is able to cover up some small defects on the surface of the walls. The plaster quickly polymerizes and dries. On drywall sheets it is applied in a thin layer.
Before carrying out the main work on plastering, it will be necessary to organize some preparatory manipulations. First of all, it is necessary to clean the entire surface of drywall walls from dirt, dust, foreign objects, including nails, screws and so on. This can be done with a vacuum cleaner or a simple rag. After this, they begin to prepare the solution. In most cases, it does not need to be bred, but must be used immediately.
Back to the table of contents
Technology of applying decorative structural plaster
Plaster is recommended to be applied only on a flat, clean and dry surface of drywall. At the first stage, the base of the drywall is strengthened with a special primer. This will ensure the presence of an intermediate layer, which is necessary to prevent the penetration of moisture between the wall and the finishing layer. After priming, you need to wait until it is completely dry and only then begin to lay the mixture. The stucco mixture is laid on drywall in one layer. To do this, it is advisable to have a special tool: a spatula or a construction trowel.
It is possible to apply decorative plaster in several options: in circular movements and straight lines. At the end of the work, it is necessary to wait some time for the mixture to harden. The plaster will fully harden in about a week. The thickness of the decorative plaster layer may be several millimeters.
Back to the table of contents
Using textured and venetian plaster
Methods of applying decorative plaster: 1. Left-right. 2. Scarring. 3. Around. 4. Up and down.
To cover the wall with a textured mixture, you first need to clean the surface of the drywall wall and dry it. Then apply a primer. To increase the adhesion of textured plaster, it is advisable to make the next layer using paint with sand. After the paint dries, apply 1 or 2 layers of textured mortar. To give the coating a specific pattern, you can use a variety of tools. The complexity of the pattern will depend on the number of layers of the stucco mixture that is applied to the drywall. It is important to remember that the thickness of each layer should be minimal.
As for the Venetian cover, not everyone can afford it. This type of coating is more demanding than the previous ones. For him, you need to create a perfectly flat surface. After applying the primer with the help of a spatula, the first layer is laid. After drying, it is necessary to clean the surface to eliminate bumps. The number of layers can be several (most often from 5 to 12). After each layer, stripping is carried out. After the last layer is laid, it is important to clean the surface with sandpaper. At the end of work, it is recommended to treat the coating with a layer of white wax.
Back to the table of contents
Marble chips decorative coverings
Some experts attribute this material to varieties of putty. It is a stone crumb in the form of small stones of various colors mixed with adhesive materials. You can buy it in small buckets in the form of a thick mass. It is laid with a spatula evenly on the surface of drywall. The advantages of this coating is that it can be applied to any materials: concrete, drywall, cement. Decorative chips help to cover cracks and defects in the wall.
Она устойчива к механическому воздействию, низкой и высокой температуре, воде. Большое значение имеет и то, что она имеет пористую структуру, что позволяет стене дышать. The first application step is to level and dry the surface. The second is priming. For these purposes, you can use any paint. The third is the direct application of stone chips.
In order to make it better cling, it is recommended to dilute it with a small amount of water, then mix thoroughly until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Take a little mixture and spread with a spatula from top to bottom. Optimum not to make more than 2-3 movements with a spatula. The final stage of the work will be the coating of the surface with varnish after about 2 weeks.
Back to the table of contents
List of tools and materials
Plaster coating of walls with plasterboard requires the availability of the necessary tools and raw materials. The list includes: primer, putty knife or trowel for laying and spreading the mixture, water, plaster mixture, roller or brush, varnish, paint. In addition, you may need a vacuum cleaner or rags to clean the surface of the wall. Thus, decorative plaster is an excellent finishing material. It will not only decorate any room, but also help mask various defects, including cracks and swelling of the surface of the walls.
Such a mixture has several advantages: it is easy to use, does not require sophisticated application equipment, and serves for a long time. Some species are moisture-resistant, resistant to low and high temperatures. Of great importance is the fact that it is an environmentally friendly material that does not emit harmful chemical compounds.